Our UK office is situated in Cardiff, the capital of Wales
Just two hours from London by train and one hour from Bristol with the M4 motorway running through the city, Cardiff has excellent international transport links.
GETTING TO CARDIFF
Cardiff has an international airport with scheduled and charter flights to and from most European cities and world-wide connections via Amsterdam and Paris.
The airport is only 12 miles (19 km) outside Cardiff city centre, and can be reached by a regular airport shuttle bus: http://www.trawscymru.info/t9/
Taxis are also available from the airport but we would recommend using trusted, established companies such as:
- Dragon Taxis: 02920 333 333
- Capital cabs: 02920 777 777
- Premier Taxis: 02920 555 555
Likewise, car hire is best organised in advance through these trusted companies:
- Enterprise – enterprise.co.uk – +44 1446 712837
- Europcar – www.europcar.co.uk – +44 (0371) 384 3404
- National Car Rental – +44 (0371) 384 3404
- Alamo – alamo.co.uk – +44 (0371) 384 3404
- Hertz – hertz.co.uk – +44 1446 711722
The London airports of Heathrow, Stansted and Gatwick are linked to Cardiff by rail and coach, with departures approx. every hour during the daytime.
Bristol airport is also within easy reach, being only an hour’s drive from Cardiff. Further details are available from the individual airport websites below:
Getting to Atlantis C&T:
We are only 5 minutes by car, 7 minutes by bus or 20 minutes on foot from the city centre of Cardiff.
The easiest way to move around the city is by bus or on foot. Please refer to our map here to find the bus stops closest to Atlantis Academy. All directions and times below are given from the city centre starting at Cardiff Castle or the central bus station.
- Walk away from the city centre with Queen Street behind you and the Millennium Stadium on your left
- Cross the bridge over the River Taff – with Bute Park on your right.
- At the junction with Cathedral Road / Westgate pub continue straight ahead on Cowbridge Road East.
- Continue along Cowbridge Road East
- Straight ahead, past Lloyds Bank (left), Tesco Metro (left)
- Continue past the Tool Box Shop and Eden 8 hairdresser
- Peartree Languages is on the corner of Llandaff Road on the pedestrian crossing.
In the city of Cardiff there is a very minimal train service; most places are reached by bus or by foot. There is no train from the city centre to Canton. Outside Cardiff Central is the main Bus Station from which you can catch bus number 17 / 18.
There are many taxi companies in the city and licensed taxi ranks outside Central Station, Cardiff Castle and by the Tesco Metro in the centre of Canton.
Dragon Taxis: 02920 333 333
Capital cabs: 02920 777 777
Premier Taxis: 02920 555 555
Postcode for Sat Nav: CF11 9NJ 2 hours free parking is available at Gray Lane From Cardiff Castle to Atlantis Academy:
- With Queen Street behind you and Cardiff Castle on your right, drive from the city centre.
- Cross the bridge over River Taff with Bute Park on your right and the Millennium Stadium on your left.
- At the junction with Cathedral Road / Westgate pub continue straight onto Cowbridge Road East.
- Continue along Cowbridge Road East (bear slightly right) at the traffic lights
- Continue straight ahead, past a Lloyds Bank on your left.
- Stay in the right hand lane at the traffic lights with a Tesco Metro on left.
- Turn into Gray Lane (between The Plum Tree and Pizza Hut Delivery)
- Leave the car park by the Canton Pub entrance and turn right up Llandaff Road.
- Number 32 is on the right hand side.
Take bus number 17 / 18 from the city centre (Wood Street, Cardiff Central) and ask for Canton Centre. Cross the road so you are opposite Tesco Metro and then walk up to the corner of Llandaff Road, with The Corporation Pub in front of you. Walk down Llandaff Road and Atlantis Academy is on your right.
Please make sure you have the correct money on you, no change is given on buses.
More bus information can be found on the Cardiff bus website: